Saturday, February 5, 2011

I printed some tee-shirts.

 

I found this tee shirt at the farm, it had been scribbled all over by Sam and his sister when they were little, I really liked the absolute randomness of the colourful scribbles, and so in keeping with the craziness of it I did a sort of all over print of lots of different scientific illustrations of animals and plants.

Sir Mister Johnny Cash, I stumbled upon this awesome illustration of him and so printed it on an old tee shirt, and copied his signature at the bottom of it. I always cut the collars out of my tee shirts, makes them look less dweeby and store bought, I like my tee shirts to look as old and worn out as possible! Also in this pic is me Mando(lin) and an illustration of the James Towne Forte in Virginia that I found in a second hand store.


My friends Mum is a teacher and her school was throwing out these huge old maps of Australia and I managed to get one, It's one of my favourite things. It's got all the old shipping routes and railways on it. This tee shirt's print is a scientific illustration (I'm a sucker for them) of a White Tailed Black Cockatoo. Also in the shot is a Koala soft toy made out of Kangaroo fur - amazing. A Paul McCartney figurine that my sister got for me when she worked in a toy store, on hindsight I would've chosen John or George, but I think I was going through a Paul phase.

Bedroom Wall
 

This print is from the 1974 George Harrison's 'Dark Horse' tour, I could only ever find really small versions of it as a logo in the corner of his tour tee shirts, so I traced it in Illustrator so I could enlarge it and then with a permanent marker drew a big circle around it, I love the home made-ness that it exudes. The backpack was from my recent travels to Portugal.

1 comment: